Welcome to the next step of your future! Get a CDL, Get a JOB!
#1 Get Your CDL Permit. To get started, you’ll first need to obtain a CDL Permit for $14 at your local DMV. …
#2 – Schedule Appointment. at www.cvtcdl.com
#3 – Take a course at www.commercialvehicletrainingcenter.com.
CDL General Information
You must have a valid CDL to operate:
- Any commercial motor vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more.
- Any commercial vehicle that is designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver.
- Any vehicle transporting hazardous material and is required to be placarded in accordance with 49 CFR Part 172, Subpart F.
What exactly do I need to obtain a CDL? Call us at 303-222-4465
You will need:
- Valid driver license from Colorado or another state or a commercial permit
- Current DOT medical card – find a FMCSA Certified Medical Examiner in your area
- Your Social Security number
- Commercial drive skills test completion form
- If you want to add a HAZMAT endorsement on your CDL, you will need to successfully pass the HAZMAT written exam and provide a current TSA background check every time you purchase a CDL.