CVTC is a Colorado licensed RV training school with a mission. To provide a high quality RV training program that will allow people to realize their dreams.
We accomplish this by providing a training program that combines classroom and labs with hands-on diagnostic techniques.
Most truck drivers earn their wings in our CDL training school. The industry has proven that the best drivers are those who have completed accredited courses that includes all aspects of the truck driving profession. So it was a natural progression of our business model to not only offer CDL training, but RV Training as well. Any RV setups can almost match an 18-wheeler in size. In fact, most high-end luxury coaches these days are actually based on the same vehicle that is used to transport passengers commercially.
Students of our RV training course will receive 2 days, 4 hours (or 6 hours for two people) each, of in-depth training on RV driving techniques. Your private lesson will cover all of the essentials you’ll need to successfully drive recreational vehicles. At the end of your training you will be able to confidently navigate and handle any recreational vehicle in a number of real-world situations. You will also receive a certificate that you’ll be able to submit to your insurance carrier.
Behind The Wheel Lessons Include:
- Pre-trip safety inspection of your RV
- Mirrors – proper adjustment and use
- Brakes – testing and safe use – Jake, Exhaust and if appropriate, air brakes
- Backing – how to back straight or into a RV site
- Negotiating corners including “swing out”
- Dealing with city and interstate driving and on and off ramps
- Mountains and hills safe operation
- Gas stations – issues of in and out
- Negotiating tight spots
- GPS – why they are important to your safe operation of your RV.
- Campground maneuvering, so you have a big vehicle – courtesies
- Lane management – Staying in your lane
- Proper lane changing
- Defensive driving
Private Lesson $495 **
- 2 days – 4 hours each day
- We encourage a partner to ride-along.
Two Person Private Lesson $695 **
- 2 days – 6 hours each day
** A certificate will be presented after specific lessons. This can be submitted to your insurance carrier. Many insurance companies will authorize a discount for completing the training. A credit card deposit is required upon confirming your lesson, and the balance of the lesson cost will be billed on the same credit card upon completion of the lesson.
- Individual One on One Driver Training
- Corporate Driver Training – Safety Training
- Mobile Medical Driver Training
- Fifth Wheel Driver Training
- Trailer Towing Training
- Housecar License Training 40+ Feet